Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fireside

I have a date by the fireside tonight. What makes this date so blog worthy, is that I have never had a date that said, "Hey, it's going to be cold outside tonight, want to order in Chinese and watch a movie by the fireplace?" I mean sure, I've had dates that ended up by the fireplace, but never one where the fireplace was actually planned beforehand, at least that I'm aware of. The pre-planning aspect of all this is very much like buying the super-duper large box of condoms at Costco before the first date.

Don't mistake me, because it's really quite cute and with the temperatures in the single digits right now, I'm all looking forward to getting snuggled up next to the fireplace and watching a movie and eating take-out Chinese. Who knows, maybe he also made a Costco run today.

3 comments:

kel said...

If he didn't do the Costco run, you definitely should. Have fun on your warm, fuzzy and possibly XXX rated date.

Anonymous said...

I need you to clear something up. When you said a “super-duper large box of condoms” Did you mean as in the size of the condom (for a giant wang) or like a prevent a family size box of regular sized ones?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it doesn't matter if the fireplace is preplanned it whats not that makes it all the better. Just make sure there are things to be ADDED to the fireplace date...
besides the run to Costco that is. hehehe I Hope it turns out great.
Madhousemama