Friday, September 12, 2008

Chicago Quickie

I received an unexpected surprise on Wednesday.  My lovely friend Tamara called to say she was in Winnetka, a suburb of Chicago, and wanted to know if I wanted to get together on Friday.  I happily said, "You bet your sweet pregnant ass!"

The three of us, Salt City Miss, Tamara and now my new friend Jessica who just moved here from SLC, just had a great evening out. We started at my friend Scotty's bar, Matisse, then proceeded to Blues Chicago, hands down the best blues club on the northside!  Tonight they had Vance Kelly and the Nickel Candy Blues Band playing.  I have always, ALWAYS been a Blues fan, and now I have a new fav.

Now I'm at home watching Ike pound Texas, while the leftover rain from Gustav is falling outside - kinda weird in a way.

3 comments:

Fiesty Charlie said...

Damn, I wish I had known you were a Blues fan too... I would have kept you out later...

Thanks for the names of the bands, I will have to check them out!

Nilsa S. said...

It's called sympathy rain. Get it, sympathy pain, sympathy rain? hahaha. Sorry, early morning humor is never a good thing.

Glad you had fun with the girls!

kel said...

Is there good rain in Chicago? SD is so....shallow...when it comes to weather. Sometimes I miss real weather.