Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Addict!

Hello my name is Doni and I am a shoe addict!

Yep, I said it, I admit it and I currently see no need for changing! There are a few problems with being a shoe addict and there is always a solution. Behold I give you my 12 Step program for being a shoe addict. Pun totally intended, somedays I'm just "punny" like that.

Disclaimer - while I am truly a shoe addict, for those of you who don't know my sense of humor, these are all in jest!

1) Lack of proper closet space. This is huge, your only option is to buy a 2 bedroom condo/house and turn one bedroom into a walk-in closet! I see no other way around this.
2) Shoe-eating-sidewalks - Chicago is notorious! Find yourself an excellent shoe doctor. I'm still looking, because the one I've been going to is good, but the cost is dipping into my new shoe budget.
3) Lack of proper closet space. Shelves, shelves, shelves! Shoes must not be allowed to be thrown into a pile and left there until their next wearing, they develop attitudes this way and will give you a blister just for spite.
4) An outfit to match each pair of shoes. What's the point in having killer shoes if you don't have the killer outfit to match?
5) Lack of lighting in proper closet space. (seeing a pattern here) Shoes should be displayed in ideal lighting conditions, how else am I supposed to determine if the shoes are the proper shade of brown? Especially when I'm working on only 5 hrs of sleep.
6) Footcare. A bad pedicure or neglect of feet can kill a gorgeous sandal. Chipped red on the toenails, huge no no!
7)...

Foget the rest, I'm going back to surf-shopping for shoes!

Update: Littlemansmom brings up a very good point. 7) Wear them often. Shoes will spite you if you do not wear them often enough. They will give you blisters! But I hold firm to proper closet space, shoes need good R&R just like we do. But I have been know to leave multiple pairs of shoes hanging around outside the closet.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi, I'm Lucy and I am also a shoe addict. Perhaps we should start a support group. We could hold all of our meetings at DSW! :)

Summer said...

I am ashamed to admit it, but I have several pairs of shoes in need of repair so they just sit there in my poorly lit closet. Poor shoes...I'm putting "find a good shoe repair place" on my to do list now. I don't want them to turn on me, they out number me!

Anonymous said...

Ahem...I see nothing wrong in just leaving them out on display....Shoes ARE a neccessity after all....and so pretty...too pretty to hide away in a closet somewhere...

Anonymous said...

So that’s why we lost ya… The whole barefoot women in Utah thing didn’t work for you…

Bayjb said...

Hello Doni - thank you for sharing your addiction with us all. That's the first step. I'm a total pure addict. It's so bad. My stepmom is the shoe addict, she would put most people to shame!