Monday, August 25, 2008

Greetings from the Salt City

Sorry guys I’ve been “off the reservation” for a couple of days, meaning I haven’t checked e-mail or updated you all on my crazy life for a few days. Since I’m at work today (just about wet myself laughing at that) I’m trying to catch up on my correspondence and update you all on the weekend.

Friday was great, after flying in from Chi-town, I saw the fam, then I rendezvoused at JV’s house and hugged everyone there with wild abandon and checked out JV’s Buckminster Fuller! JV has built an awesome geodesic dome for our Burning Man adventure – we now have shade, glorious shade! Then I changed the clothes and picked up the BFF and headed to Murphy’s to meet the UT Bloggers, Sarah, Summer, Helmet and guest-Utahn Kel! We had a great time, and it was wonderful putting actual people to the words. I also invited my rowdy friends, which can certainly be interesting to say the least. I’ve blogged before about how much I miss hugging my friends so I apologize if I broke anybody’s ribs this weekend – SORRY!

Saturday I golfed with the BFF, which was awesome to have that alone time and catch up. Did a little shopping and driving, oh how I miss driving! Saturday night was Girl’s Night Out at the Red Door. Love, Love, Love the girls, they are vibrant, expressive and always lovely. They are a sight to behold when they get together! Then everybody headed to JV’s house for the trailer party and gossip in the kitchen, I finally called in a night/morning at 2AM. I am so not used to such hours.
Note: I especially apologize to the Lovely Wheeler if I broke her ribs, I think I definitely hugged her the longest and hardest. Our relationship is strange, because we work together but in different offices/states, so it’s great to actually see her in person.

Sunday was with the family for most of the day and then dinner with Marley. We had a great meal and absolutely wonderful conversation. For a long time our relationship was chatting across the bar, but since moving away, when I’m in town we actually make time to sit and talk without all the outside noise and constant interruption of others – although the waiter kept sitting down and chatting and whining just a bit, ok whining a LOT! One of the things I love about this town is running into the people I’ve known over the years, there is a reason we call is Small Lake City.

Today I’m in the office and adjusting back to pre-vacation mode for today and tomorrow and then it’s off to Burning Man! Nudity, non-conformity and nocturnal revelry!

6 comments:

Summer said...

It was so awesome finally getting to meet you! I'm so glad we did and look forward to being able to spend more time getting to know each other!

You are going to have so much fun at BM! I wish I could go! G was showing me some of the stuff he was packing last night and even though it makes no sense in the everyday world, it will make perfect sense there!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Fiesty Charlie said...

I am all for the nonconformity part of your adventure... although the nudity would not be so bad either...

LOL

Have fun!

I am bringing your canvas strips to Chicago with me... if you want?

Anonymous said...

I'm heading back to SLC this weekend, which feels kind of strange. I'm excited for sure, but it's weird that I'm "visiting" a place that was home for so long.

Sounds like you had a great time!!

Nilsa S. said...

You miss driving? Anytime you want to come over and drive me around, let me know. I'm so sick of it, I could yak.

Hahaha. Glad you had fun with your friends. There's no replacing seeing friends in the person, not over the phone or online.

Anonymous said...

Amen to nudity, non-conformity and nocturnal revelry! We can't even buy that on the border here in Small Lake City...Sorry to miss the get together. Hangin' my head in regret. Next time? Rain check? Sounds like you had a great time.

Princess Pointful said...

Have fun at Burning Man! Looking forward to plenty of stories upon your return!