Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sales and Sails

I love a good sale, and I mean a really good one, like 70% off that awesome dress I saw last week, you know the one that fits my hips, my waist AND my boobs, the one I could totally wear right now without needing to have it altered to fit all three important areas, the one that I just couldn’t justify spending $200 on because I don’t have the perfect shoes to match. Well, I didn’t get that good of a sale, but American Airlines just put their fall airfares on sale and I purchased two tickets home to SLC! This all makes me very happy because now I am going to Burning Man again this year, and besides my four favorite traveling companions: JV, TA, AmyT (virgin) and Trock Daddy, there will also be GCup, The Collin Sisters (3 of them at least), Tracy & Dean and a newbie – Legs (also a virgin)! So I’ve purchased my glow wire, and I’ve started sketching costumes…this puts a ton of wind in my sails!

Speaking of sails, since I’ve been hanging with the sailor boy, I’ve decided I really like sailing. I’ve always loved the water, but I’ve never been good on small watercraft. But after spending some time on the boat and actually sleeping on the boat after the fireworks on the 4th and sailing on the 5th I can now call myself officially a fan of sailing. I have learned many valuable lessons out on the open water, besides knots, terms and jargon…don’t date fellow sailors! Sailing is a small community and everybody knows everybody and their history. Reminds me of SLC!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been sailing since I was about 8 (I'm in my mid 30's now) and I still can't get myself to enjoy it. I love water but I don't care for boats. I give it a go every couple years though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doni:

Yes, SLC is a small world. This is Kristy, Carrie Kooring's sister and I saw your blog via Sarah Nielsen.

Sounds like life in Chicago is going great for you. My husband and I just moved to Atlanta and I've started a similar blog called Transplanted: www.transplanta.com

It's tough at times being a transplant, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Cheers,
Kristy