Thursday, June 12, 2008

Proper Attire Required - Shirts and Pants Optional

So I’m back home in the Windy City. It’s not surprising how quickly Chicago became home to me. I knew that I needed to create an emotional distance from SLC to match the physical distance; otherwise I was probably going to downward spiral into depression…IMHO, not a good idea. So it is nice to see everybody and have a chance to catch up.

This last trip home was great, I was able to spend time with a lot of friends and even meet some new ones. I also received assurances that certain friends would make the trip to Chicago in the coming months. I’d love to be able to hold them to it, but I’ve never been the enforcer, so I’ll just have to take them at their word.

Now that I’m back here, I will get back to writing about Chicago and all the crazy things I see and hear. For instance, this morning on the #134 express bus, on my way to work downtown with all the other business suit types - a woman got on wearing only a bikini. No joke, no lie!

No comments: